Additional Tips & Advice
To get the most out of the Calendar area, we've prepared some helpful tips and pieces of advice. We always recommend experimenting with the features in ShoutCMS, so please feel free to get creative with how you use the ShoutCMS calendar tools.
1. Showcase upcoming events
Using the Calendar Block, you can add a calendar to a page that features upcoming events your business is involved with. This will make it easier for site visitors to learn more about the events you're trying to promote.
This is the most common use of the Calendar area, and it's also one of the easiest ways to use the calendar tools.
- Create and place Calendar Blocks
- Create events in an 'event calendar'
- Select calendars across the Calendar Blocks
2. Manage internal appointments
You can create calendars for your staff regarding important or daily appointments/ events that they can view in ShoutCMS. This increases the value of your website as a tool for your staff, and makes it easier to keep all of your scheduling in one place.
- Create calendars for your staff
- Create and add internal events to your calendars
3. Use the visibility settings in the Calendar Block
Want to showcase a series of calendars to specific users on a single page? You can use the visibility and access settings in the Calendar Block to adjust who can see which Calendar Block on a page.
This will make it easier for you to organize your calendars on the front-end of your website, without showing certain groups information they don't need access to.
- Create multiple Calendar Blocks
- Adjust the calendars selected on each Block
- Adjust visibility and access settings on the Blocks